Friday 24 April 2009

I was awake early today, so the excitement has already started! Only two days to go and my anticipation is getting the better of me!

I am really looking forward to my first marathon, which will be challenge to me but I am ready for it. The most special part of the marathon will be when I walk down Lower Road in Rotherhithe. That's because I used to live there as a child. I lived at Lower Road briefly then moved to Culling Road nearby. I lived at Culling Road until I was 12 year old. Southwark Park was behind our back garden and a child I could climb over my garden wall and enter the park, so the park was my extended garden. The last time I visited Rotherhithe was when I was 50 years old on trip down memory lane, so I haven't been there for a long time! It was an enjoyable visit then, but I never would have thought that I would be walking through my home town again, doing the marathon - this will make it very special for me!

I am looking forward to seeing our supporters and cheerers along the way. Please make sure you all shout very loud so that I can hear! Clive is doing his best to get better so he is resting to reserve his energy for the day as he is looking forward to his first Marathon. Thank you all for your support and donations.

See you on Sunday the Big Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment